Hostel Attendance Monitoring System
The Department of Social Welfare is maintaining 1157 Pre-Matric hostels, providing boarding and lodging facilities to Scheduled Caste students studying from V to X Std. Initially, these hostels were started in concerned District Headquarters. Later, the Hostel facilities were extended to the Taluk Head quarters. Now keeping in view of the demand, more Hostels are being started every year even at Hobli head quarters and big villages
All these Hostels are run under the control of the Taluk Social Welfare Office/District Social Welfare Office. Each hostel is looked after by a Hostel Superintendent, supported by cooks and kitchen servants/ watchman etc, depending on the strength of the hostels. The Superintendents are qualified with a degree and B.Ed. The sanctioned strength of Pre-Matric Hostels varies between a minimum of 50 strength to a maximum of 550 Facilities available: The expenditure for each of the facilities available in Pre-Matric Hostels is given below.
Facilities Available : The expenditure for each of the facilities available in Pre-Matric Hostels:-
• Food Charges (monthly) - Rs. 1300.00
• 2 sets of dresses (annually) - Rs. 400.00
• Text Books & stationery (annually) - Rs.400.00
• Shoe and socks ( 1 pair) - Rs.300.00
• Beds and bed sheets (once in 3 years) - Rs.800.00
• Miscellaneous expenses (monthly) - Rs. 68.00 .
• Hair cutting charges (for boys only, annually) - Rs. 150.00
• Part-time tutors to teach hostellers. – Rs.1000 per month/tutor
For every hostel, 3 tutors are appointed to teach Science, math's and general subjects like English (for 6 months from oct to March).
News papers and weekly magazines - Rs. 3000.00 (annual charges)
Medical expenses (annual charges) - Rs. 5000.00
Maintaince of utensils and kitchen items (annual) - Rs. 600.00
Electricity and water bill charges (monthly) - RS.1000.00
Sports items purchased during starting of Hostels (2 years). - Rs. 20000.00